Frequently Asked Questions
Help! I ordered the wrong ring size- what can I do?
✧Any non-personalized item can be exchanged for a different size, shop credit, or another piece of jewelry of the same value within 14 days of receiving it. ( this time frame is extended during the winter holiday season- till January 14th for all orders placed on Black Friday- December 31st.)
✦ Just contact us via email to: email@example.com prior to shipping the original item back letting us know the new size or item, or credit you will be needing.
✧Once we know what you'd like to exchange for, ship the original item back to us using the carrier of your choice. You can use any shipping speed that is preferable to you, just make sure the package has a tracking number. Please also remember to pack the item to prevent any damage from occurring during shipping. Return shipping costs are the buyer's responsibility.
✧Any silver item purchased from my shop can be resized for a $25 resizing fee as long as it's within 2 full sizes of the original. If you need to go up or down more than 2 full sizes, I advise on purchasing a new ring.
✦Gold resizing can also be done, the cost for this will depend on the gold price that day. Expect to pay at least $50
✧If you are unsure of the new size needed, I can provide you with a ring sizer or you can go into a local fine jeweler and asked to be sized.
✦The return process for resizing is the same process as exchanges- just send us a message with the new size needed & your order number. Then ship the original back using the carrier of your choice with tracking.
Are VAT & other taxes included with the cost?
I'm happy to ship anywhere in the World, though I am not responsible for VAT or other import taxes and fees you may incur via your local customs office.
UK Buyers specifically: Anything worth more than £15 which is imported to the UK from a non-EU country is subject to VAT at 20% of the item value, plus an additional £8 handling fee. I am not able to mark your item as “gift” or mark it at a lower value, as that would be considered fraud and could land my business in hot water. Please take this into consideration when making your purchase.
I need to return an item, what's your return policy?
If you’re looking to return or exchange your order for whatever reason, we're here to help! We offer returns & exchanges within 30 days of purchase on non-personalized jewelry. You can return your product for store credit, a different product, or a refund to the original payment method.
✩✩✩Returns and exchanges are authorized on a case-by-case basis. ✩✩✩
To be eligible for a return:
1. Notification must be sent to claire@skollandjewelry of the intent to return within 7 business days ( 14 days for EU buyers) of the delivery of the item.
2. Item(s) are to be returned at the buyer’s expense within 30 days of delivery. *
3. Item(s) must be returned in original condition and show no signs of wear, alteration, or damage.
4. Item(s) must not be customized/personalized to be eligible for a refund. Due to the personalized nature of engraving and custom/modified orders they can not be returned as they will likely never be resold.
* Return shipping will be covered by Skolland LLC if an item is damaged by the postal carrier, or an error is made on our part.
⭐Limitations to our return policy. ⭐
1. Any signs of wear will result in a refinishing fee of up to 20% of the item's original cost.
2. Any signs of damage or alteration will result in a complete loss of refund.
3. Any item that is made to order and is returned due to buyers’ remorse will result in a restocking fee of up to 15% of the original cost. This is due to the loss of raw materials-there is no guarantee that the item will be resold. This is especially true for specific ring sizes.
4. All sale items are final and can not be refunded. They can be exchanged for another item of the same monetary value or store credit issued upon request within 30 days provided they are not personalized or modified.
5. Due to hygiene reasons, intimate items cannot be returned. This applies to earrings and leather or cotton cords.
Shipping Insurance & parcel theft:
✦ Shipping insurance can be placed on any order, I automatically place insurance on orders valued over $100. ✦Shipping insurance does not cover package theft. If you live in an area with high rates of package theft please request to have your order delivered with signature confirmation. If you do not arrange this, I am not responsible if you do not receive the item.
✦ If you suspect your order has been stolen, you should contact your local police department and post office to report the theft
💘Running my LLC is a full-time job. Any item made in this shop takes an hour of my life ( at a minimum) to complete, please purchase seriously.💘
I need my order to arrive soon, what shipping upgrades are available?
All items by default are shipped via First Class USPS mail, with tracking included all the way. First Class mail delivery time frames can vary widely. International time frames average 2-8 weeks. US delivery time frames average 3-7 business days.
Additional shipping upgrades are available through USPS, UPS, or Fed-Ex.
Shipping upgrades available:
✦UPS 2-Day-2 Business days-$13
✦Next-Day Air-1 Business day-$25
✦UPS Standard (CANADA ONLY)-4 Days- $16
✦UPS Saver (CANADA ONLY)-2 Days- $22
✦UPS Worldwide Expedited -6-8 business days-Price varies from $40-100 USD depending on the country
✦UPS Saver International-delivery within 5 business days-Price varies from $40-110 USD depending on country. Contact me for an exact quote.
✦Priority Mail-2-4 Business days ( $8 )
✦Priority Mail Express-1-2 Business days ($25)
✦Priority Mail International-6-10 Business days (as low as $38 for Canada delivery, averages $52 for the rest of the world-final cost depends on location)
✦Priority Mail Express International-3-5 Business days ( averages $68- final cost depends on location)